Earth Day April 22, 2017, 8:30 am- 3 pm, Las Cruces, New Mexico
La Plaza de Las Cruces, Downtown
Science March begins at 10 am
The 2015 !OYE! Festival is complete,
On Saturday, April 22, 2017, !OYE! Celebrating Visions for the Future joins the City of Las Cruces and OASIS, a New Mexico State University student group for sustainability, as they sponsor Earth Day on Main Street Plaza, Las Cruces, from 8:30 am to 3 pm & Awakening the Dreamer Symposium 4 - 7 pm FREE to the Public
Reserve a spot for !OYE!-sponsored events (pull down menu at the top on this page) "Presentation Sign Up."
A) Rainwater Harvesting, Native Desert Plants & Permaculture - Mike Gaglio from El Paso - 10:30 a.m. - noon at the Thomas Branigan Memorial Library
B) Restoring Microbiomes for Healthy People and a Healthy Planet - Mary Lucero PhD - 1 - 3 p.m. at the Southwest Environmental Center
C) Pachamama - Awakening the Dreamer Symposium - Gordon Eagleheart - from Albuquerque - 4 - 7 p.m.
at the Center for Spiritual Living Main St.
No sign ups needed:
Main Stage; Dance, Music, Fashion, Singing, Drumming 8:30 am - 3 p.m.
In the Tent: Play, Poetry, Singing, Dance, Science talks 10:30 a.m. - 3 p.m.
1) Science March 10 a.m.
2) Thomas Branigan Memorial Library: Rainwater Harvesting, native plants & permaculture 10:30 a.m. - noon
and Smart Homes - 1 - 4 p.m.
3) Short Science Talks - Tent Stage - noon - 3 p.m.
4) Southwest Environmental Center: Soil, composting and healthy micro biomes - 1 - 3 p.m.
5) Center for Spiritual Living - Awakening the Dreamer Symposium 4 - 7 p.m.
6) 25 Booths, Zero Energy Food Services and children's activities throughout the day
For more information on Pachamama, go to: